Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A look back

Slava just found my old infix arithmetic code that I started writing two or three years ago. It is forever preserved in the Sourceforge CVS attic here. Overall, it's pretty bad and incoherent, not to mention pointless. But still, it was the first non-trivial program I wrote. At the time I wrote it, I thought "600 lines? Wow, that's huge! I must have written something big and original and important." But that's obviously false on all counts. Anyway, it's a peek into how Factor used to be less than two years ago, and it shows how much things have changed. Note: this is before there was a module system of any kind. Everything had to be loaded explicitly. I'm really not sure at all which one of these files I thought was the main one, though the README.TXT explains the overall intention.

No comments: